Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday - July 18, 2017

Hi!  Today I am linking up with Stephanie from Forever in Fifth Grade for Show and Tell Tuesday.

Last week I spent alot of time printing and laminating brag tags to use for the upcoming school year. Now that the brag tags are made (most of them) I need a way to store them.  Hence, my first Show and Tell.
I decided on a 62 drawer box.  I ordered that from AMAZON.  I spray painted it pink to match the teacher toolbox that I made a year or two ago.  In each drawer I cut down one of the brag tags and taped it to the inside front of the drawer.  That way I could see which tags were in each drawer.  The tags are from Primarily Speaking by Aimee Salazar and I love them!  As you can see, they fit perfectly in the drawers.  Some of the drawers are blank because I have leftover brag tags from last year that I'm going to put in there, plus a few more that I have to finish cutting out.



Did you know that Scholastic has a warehouse sale twice a year?  Their warehouse sales are a great time to replenish your classroom library!  Imagine all of the books you see at your school's Scholastic Book Fair and the books you see in your Book Clubs order forms all in one place.  Books galore!

This year I will only be teaching Math, Science, and Health so I was on the lookout for mostly non-fiction books.  However, I picked up a good variety of titles.  Some books I just got single titles but others I picked up multiple copies.  Such fun!

I also got a couple of cookbooks for myself and a "teacher book" on using informational text.  Most of the titles were 25% off but some were 50% off.  What a steal!

I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!  Hop on over to Forever in Fifth Grade to see for yourself.  Until next time....

6 comments:

  1. Love your storage unit and I have a question. You say you spray painted a plastic one last year, too. How did it hold up? I have this idea that nothing will stick to plastic, long term. I hope I'm wrong and it's worth doing. Thanks! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love the new, pink storage container and all those great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy cutting and organizing those brag tags. Way to go! I wish I had a brag tag to give you for all your hard work and effort on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the discipline and patience to be that organized! I hate filing so I usually end up shoving things anywhere they will go when the year gets rolling. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brag tag storage system looks awesome! What grade do you use those with? Just wondering if fifth graders would like them. Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to a Scholastic warehouse sale. I'd have to decide on a strict budget before going. Your brag tag storage is impressive!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Home About Me Freebies Contact Me My Store Image Map